di 29 sep 2009
Oh my God, international guests and I forgot to translate the recipes.
finally I came round to it...
Tajine with lamb and orange
3 oranges, 500 g sugar, 2 g cinnamon, 4 red onions, 2 cloves of garlic, 1 bunch parsley, 1 kg lamb cubes, 1 g ginger powder, 6 threats saffron, salt, pepper, sesame seeds
• Cut the oranges in parts, put them in boiling water for 5 minutes. Make a sugarsirop with the sugar, 1 l of water, cinnamon and add the oranges. Keep simmering for about one hour.
• Salt the meat cut the onions in little cubes. Fry meat and onion together till brown and add garlic, parsley, saffron, ginger and pepper. Cook for almost 2 hours on low heat.
500 g dried and pealed broad beans, 2 big onions, 4 cloves garlic, 2 g cumin, 2 g coriander, 1 g all spice, ½ coffee spoon baking soda, ½ bunch parsley, ½ bunch coriander
• Rinse and soak the beans for 4 hours in water. Blend them with all the other ingredients in the food processor en set aside.
• Make quenelles by using 2 spoons and deep fry till brown and ready.
250 g low fat feta cheese, 1 green Turkish bell pepper, 2 green Turkish peppers, juice of 1 lemon, 4 spoons of olive oil, 4 spoons milk, 1 spoon “pul biber” ( Turkish chilli pepper), pepper, some parsley
Few vegetable to dip like spring onion, radish, carrot...
• Put peppers under the grill to blacken and peal them. Remove seeds.
• Put feta, peppers, milk, olive oil and lemon juice in the food processor and blend. Add pul biber and parsley to taste and serve with the raw vegetables.
750 g chicken breast in cubes, 2 onions, 2 red bell peppers
For sauce: 4 spoons of olive oil, juice of 1 lemon, 2 dried limes. 3 cloves garlic, 1 coffee cumin, 1 coffee spoon pul biber, ½ coffee spoon sumac, salt and pepper.
• Marinade the chicken in olive oil and lemon juice and add finely chopped garlic, cumin, pul biber, sumac, salt and pepper
• Cut onion and bell pepper in big pieces.
• Remove chicken from the marinade and fry, in portions in arachide oil. When the chicken is almost done add the vegetables. Stir fry till tender. Meanwhile add the dried limes and the rest of the chicken marinate (if not enough liquid you can use some chicken stock) .Put on a nice big platter and cover with chopped parsley.
Slada batata halwa
Sweet potatoes salad
1 sweet onion, 500 g sweet potatoes, peal of 1 pickled lemon, juice of ½ a lemon, ginger powder, cumin, sweet pepper, chopped parsley and green olives to taste.
• Peal the potatoes and chop the onions
• Fry the onion and add all the spices. Fry till the onion is soft and add the potatoes in cubes. Pour a little water, just to cover the potatoes. Add a little olive oil and simmer till potatoes are al dente. Mix with cubes of pickled lemon peal, olives, salt and pepper. Serve on room temperature.
2 cucumber, 5 tomatoes, ½ bunch of fresh coriander, 1 lemon, bit of thyme, salt, pepper, arachide oil.
• Split cucumber, length wise, in half, remove seeds, cut in cubes and cover with salt to remove the liquid.
• Peal the tomatoes and chop. Chop coriander.
• Rinse cucumber and mix with tomatoes, lemon juice herbs and spices. Serve cool.
300 g chickpeas, cooked and drained, 1 dl tahina, 3 cloves garlic, juice of 1 lemon, 5 spoons olive oil, cumin, salt, pepper.
• Put all ingredients into the food processor and mix for at least 10 minutes. Taste and add, if necessarily, some warm water and spices to taste.
• Serve on a nice platter and garnish with olive oil, sumac and some green herbs.
Oriental rice pudding
1 l coconut milk, 125 g basmati rice, 125 g sugar, 2 vanilla beans, 1 cinnamon stick, 4 green cardamoms, few spoons of home made hibiscus syrup.
• Rinse the rice and soak in water for 15 minutes. Put in the mortar and grind.
• Bring coconut milk to boil and add the spices except from the sugar and syrup.
• If boiling add the rice and keep stirring till the rice is softened and the milk is thickened.
• Remove vanilla, take out the inside grains and put back into the pudding. Remove cinnamon and cardamoms Add sugar and cook till sugar is dissolved.
• Serve into nice cups, covered with hibiscus (or rose) syrup.